Monday, July 17, 2006

Vic, Henry, Deserts, and Resonance FM


For those of you who don't yet know, top British comedian Vic Reeves is a huge Henry Cow fan. In '03 he was on "Desert Island Discs", (for non-Brits, a radio show where celebs choose what trax they would take if they had to spend the rest of their lives on a desert island). Good ol' Vic chose "Nirvana For Mice" from "Leg End", the only old school "extended tenor sax workout" HC ever recorded, and featuring yours truly on tenor - so I was well chuffed as they used to say! As if that wasn't enough, he gave both La Vache and Fred Frith an excellent review in the Sunday Times (October '05). And now in this week's Guardian, a whole article (about time too!) on Resonance FM - extract above.
More in praise of HC.
Thanks to Andy (Faust List) Wilson for checking the links.

2 comments:

  1. smoke....I'm not dependent - been smoking for 40 or so earth years now - the stuff is so addictive my habit costs me almost £25 a week, so as you can imagine I spend all my spare time robbing & stealing to feed this terrible monkey on my back....and I've been told by people who've tried your products that it's great, but the comedown is far worse than any cannabis "withdrawal symptoms" could ever be! but I remain open-minded.....sort of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. guitarman...
    thanks for the blogliment..
    never touch guitars...
    only zithers theze daze.

    ReplyDelete